Registering for lyndaCampus is simple and free for Harvard Students, Staff, and Faculty.
Follow these steps to sign up:
- While connected to the Harvard network*, go to http://iplogin.lynda.com.
- Click the "Create a Profile" button.
- Enter your Harvard email address* as your username.
- Create a lynda.com password. (This should not be the same as your Harvard PIN password. HUIT guidelines recommend that passwords be at least eight characters and include a letter, a number, and a special character.)
- Complete your profile and click log in.
* If you are unable to connect to the Harvard network, the system doesn't recognize your Harvard email address (or you don't have one), or if you encounter any other problems while registering for your lyndaCampus account, contact email@example.com for assistance.
Once your lyndaCampus account has been created, you can log in to http://www.lynda.com anytime to access their training library. You can use lyndaCampus on-campus or off-campus, with any PC, Mac, or mobile device with an Internet connection (if you have an iPhone or iPads, download the lynda app for on-the-go learning). Use lynda’s search tools to jump directly to the part of a tutorial that covers a specific problem you're having at work or watch entire classes at home to brush up skills or learn new ones.
At the top of the lynda.com page, you can browse courses by subject, software, or author, or use the search bar to find exactly what you need. On the right-hand side of the screen are short courses that are perfect for lunchtime-learning or watching on the train. Further down the page are lists of the newest and most popular lynda courses by topic.
Note for current lynda.com account holders: If you have a previously-created lynda.com profile associated with your Harvard or HBS email address, just go to http://iplogin.lynda.com and log in there. This will register your account as being covered under Harvard's license and transfer your account history over. If you have already paid for a lynda.com account associated with a Harvard email address, you may be eligible for a partial refund. Contact lynda.com‘s Customer Service for details. If you have a lynda account associated with a non-Harvard email address, you can contact lynda.com‘s Customer Service to have your account history transferred to your new Harvard account if desired.