IMPORTANT CHANGES: The sign up & log In process for lyndaCampus will be changing on Friday, February 12, 2016. As of that date, Harvard students, staff, and faculty will use their Harvard Key (or HUID/PIN) to log into lynda through the link at http://lynda.harvard.edu. They will no longer need to sign up for a separate lynda account using the instructions below.
Registering for lyndaCampus is simple and free for current Harvard students, staff, and faculty. Follow these steps to sign up:
- Using a computer that is located on-campus or connected to the University network through WiFi or VPN, go to http://iplogin.lynda.com. If you are trying to register for an account from a location that is not on-campus, see the notes below.
- Click the "Create a Profile" button.
- Enter your Harvard email address as your username. If you don't have an email address issued by the University, see the notes below.
- Create a lynda.com password. This should not be the same as your Harvard PIN password. HUIT guidelines recommend that passwords be at least eight characters and include a letter, a number, and a special character.
- Complete your profile and click log in.
Once your lyndaCampus account has been created, you can use the regular log in link at http://www.lynda.com to access the lynda training library at any time.
Having Problems Registering for an Account? If you don't have a Harvard email address, are unable to connect to the Harvard network due to being off-site, or encounter any other problems registering for a lyndaCampus account, send an email to email@example.com for assistance. Please provide your name, the email address that your Harvard lyndaCampus account should be registered under (Harvard addresses are preferred), and explain your affiliation with the University (either the department you work for or school you attend). The site administrator will establish an account for you, and an email will be sent to you with a link to complete the registration process.
Special note for current lynda.com account holders: If you have a previously-created lynda.com profile associated with your Harvard or HBS email address, go to http://iplogin.lynda.com and log in there. This will register your account as being covered under Harvard's license and transfer your account history over. If you have already paid for a lynda.com account associated with a Harvard email address, you may be eligible for a partial refund. Contact lynda.com‘s Customer Service for details. If you have a lynda account associated with a non-Harvard email address, you can contact lynda.com‘s Customer Service to have your account history transferred to your new Harvard account if desired.